Emrepresbiterium is the acronym of The Session of the First Hungarian Presbyterian Church of Vancouver established in 1955
Contact us at:
Session of First Hungarian Presbyterian Church
2791 East 27th Avenue, Vancouver, BC. V5R 1N4, Canada
Phone: 604-437-3442; firstname.lastname@example.org https://emrepresbiterium.wordpress.com
Pastor: Rev. Miklos Szigeti
We set up our newsletter with the aim of serving the Hungarian Diaspora of Vancouver and surrounding areas with daily information regarding our congregational life. We hope this way we can spread the word of God to more and more people.
We would like to make this an interactive webpage in the interest of more effective communication.
EVERY OPINION COUNTS! Please, do not hesitate to comment.
In your comments please avoid any kind of degrading or offensive expressions.
The word of God teaches us the following of speech:
“The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom …The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable…” (Proverb 10:31-32). The just man pays attention into the feelings of others, and tells the truth with love. “… Adhering to the truth, … with love “(Ephesians 4:15)
A World War II poster said: „ Loose lips sink ships”.
Therefore, if we hear ill of someone, ask ourselves a few questions!
- Is this true? „Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor” (Exodus 20:16). If we are not sure, it is better to wait. Time always relveals the truth.
- Is it concerning a private matter? God can only use us if we do do not betray the confidence of others.
- Does this help? Does it bring others down or build them up? „Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.” (Ephesians 4:29)
- Is this really necessary? What do others stand to gain, what does the cause of Christ gain if I speak of this and what does it lose if I keep silent?
- Will I regret saying this out loud later?
- Will my words stand before Christ?
Our session considers it its mission to help further the growth of the Christ Body through this newsletter as well and to contribute to the spread of communication according to the word of God.